Thursday, November 12, 2009

FOCO9 Mini Conference details

Only six days before my online event where I will be facilitating a session with Hillary Jenkins, Programme Manager of Travel and Tourism from Otago Polytechnic. Hillary has been using wiki educator within her teaching for a number of year. During her presentation, Hillary will discuss how this can be used as both an educational tool to support her students as well as a marking tool. Prior to the event on Wednesday 18 November at 1pm (NZ time) you may want to browse through the Travel and Tourism wiki pages. Hillary presented some of her developmental work at the Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning.

At the end of the presentation, there will be time for questions.

If technology fails, there will be a backup plan via Skype and if that fails, the event will be re-scheduled.

I look forward to welcoming you.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel, I enjoyed this event that was extremely well facilitated. You Had everything very well organised, and the preparation and practising you did beforehand certainly paid dividends. You had a clear facilitation style ie made sure everyone knew how to use their mic etc, introduced the speaker and summarised the session. You made sure everyone had the opportunity to ask questions. I especially appreciated your use of web tour, allowing us to see the wiki that your speaker was talking about as opposed to using PowerPoint. I also appreciated you keeping the session 'short and sweet' especially as you were taking time up in the work day. I really enjoyed hearing about Hilary's inspirational work.

    I would have liked to have seen photos of yourself and Hilary to help me get more of a sense of who you were. I also think you have to make sure everyone knows exactly where you are on a web tour and how to get there.

    Great work. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah for your feedback. I did enjoy the event and of course with anything "practice makes perfect" - it was certainly a learning experience for me and have taken on board your commnents. It will be good to reflect on these as I write my evaluation of the event.

    ReplyDelete